A look back at 2007
It's hard for me to believe that I can now take down my 2007 calendar, throw it out, and put up my new one for 2008. The other day, one of my friends said "2007 was the best and worst year of my life." Well... that statement goes for me as well!
I did so much in 2007; I learned so many new things; I made some huge mistakes; and I figured out a little more about who I am, and why I'm doing what I'm doing. As eventful as 2007 was, I am whole heartedly looking forward to this new year.
But before I jump ahead, I want to quickly re-cap my top 10 favorite posts of 2007.
1. "ME & TATER TOT ON LARRY KING LIVE!
" is going to be my favorite post for ages to come! If you check it out, you have to read the entire story, otherwise it will seem stupid.
2. I started shooting events for Kevin Youkilis's charity, Hits for Kids
in 2007. I've had so much fun becoming a part of this growing organization, but I didn't quite realize what it was all about until we visited "CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ON CHRISTMAS
3. I was so proud to post this one... "SOPHIA & JOE - THE WEDDING!
." These wedding photos are some of my best work to date! I'm also very excited about Sophia & Joe's new baby girl, coming in April of 08! I can't wait to meet her, and take some infant portraits. These guys aren't getting rid of me anytime soon!
4. Putting together "OUR HOME - THROUGH THE YEARS
" took me an entire day. This post doesn't just represent an event from 2007, but it chronicles 80 years of history. There are almost 60 photos in this post, be sure to check it out!
5. Who could forget the "NOT YOUR AVERAGE HOUSEWARMING PARTY
"? I think all of my blog readers remember this one!
6. What's the big deal? "IT'S JUST FOG
." To me this set of photos represents the fun of photography. Check it out!
7. Ever since I started posting photos on facebook, my nephew has been part of my online presence. I always think back to "TATER TOT'S WEEKEND AT GRAMMIES
" because of his adorable age at this time. I mean, just look at him!
8. I went a little crazy with this one! I posted a whopping 32 photos from the "SARAH & MAC - BEFORE THE WEDDING!
" engagement shoot. That's because, I loved them all! In doing this shoot I learned that there are no rules with photography as long as you leave with a story to tell. If you have an idea about something you want to try, just do it!
9. Nobody expected this one... "IT'S A BARBIE WORLD - AND SHE'S IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!
." I loved this assignment because it's not every day that I get the chance to do editorial work. Telling Lisa's story was a blast! I'm also very proud of my lighting :)
10. "CARS CARS & MORE CARS!
." This was just fun for me. I enjoyed capturing these cars in a different and creative way. I was genuinely excited for people to see this posting!
If I didn't list your favorite post here, please let me know what it was below!
I look forward to joining you in 2008!
Archive By Month:
©2023 Michael Blanchard Photography, All rights reserved.